- First Pryority Bank will never request your account number, social
security number, ATM or Debit Card number, PIN, or online banking login
information via email. Should you receive such a request DO NOT
RESPOND TO IT and report it to First Pryority Bank immediately.
- You may also report fraudulent emails of any kind to the Federal Trade Commission. Click here to email or call them at 1.877.ID.THEFT.
- If someone from the bank calls, use Caller I.D. to verify that the call
is from the bank or ask to call them back at the bank
in Pryor or
1.918.369.2424 in Tulsa.
- If you believe you have provided any personal information online in
response to a fraudulent email, immediately call us at
- Destroy documents (preferably with a shredder) that have personal
identification information before disposing of them. Items with your
name, account number, or other information could be pulled from the
garbage and used to perpetrate identity theft against you.
- Do not put outgoing mail in your personal mailbox unless it is secure.
Pick up your mail immediately so thieves have less opportunity to steal
it. Have your check orders mailed directly to the bank for pickup.
Have your mail held when you are on vacation.
- Protect your ATM PIN (personal identification number) and never write it on your card or share it with others.
- First Pryority Bank employs monitoring tools for your debit card to
identify any out-of-pattern activity on your account and to identify
risk of fraud. If you are unable to be reached to verify the
transactions, your card may be temporarily de-activated until you
verify whether or not the transactions are legitimate. Notify us in
advance when you expect to use your card in an area or other country
that is not normal activity for your account.
- If your ATM/Debit card has been compromised, lost, or stolen, contact
us immediately at
1.800.462.7032 or 918.825.2121. After hours, please
- Go to the “Notify Me Alerts” tab within our online banking service and
set account activity alerts to notify you at the email address you
specify when your account balance reaches a certain amount, it becomes
overdrawn, for when certain check numbers have cleared, deposits have
been, made, etc.
- Please do not transmit any confidential material via our email@example.com
email address. If you are sending us any personal or account
information, please use our secure email function through our online
banking service. To access our secure email service, log onto your
online bank account and click on “messages” and then select “contact
Remember, First Pryority Bank will never ask you for personal information via e-mail.
We appreciate your help in our effort to fight email and online fraud.
First Pryority Bank takes preventing fraud for our customers and the
security of their accounts very seriously. While we will do everything
possible to ensure the security of our system, we are not responsible
for any breach of security that is outside our control.